At a remote monastery deep in the woods, the monks followed a rigid vow of silence. This vow could only be broken once a year on Christmas, by one monk, and the monk could speak only one sentence.
One Christmas, Brother Thomas had his turn to speak and said, “I love the delightful mashed potatoes we have every year with the Christmas roast!” Then he sat down. Silence ensued for 365 days.
The next Christmas, Brother Michael got his turn, and said, “I think the mashed potatoes are lumpy and I truly despise them!” Once again, silence ensued for 365 days.
The following Christmas, Brother Paul rose and said, “I am fed up with this constant bickering!”
Read more jokes
- Stamps for the Christmas cards
- Things I learned from movies (III)
- Things I learned from movies (I)
- Who is this?
- Why did the ram fall off the cliff?
- You’ll be so fat after Thanksgiving
- Don’t make the same mistakes I did
- Remember turning 21?
- Close to zero