A man wanted Valentine’s Day to be special, so he bought a bottle of absinthe and stopped by the florist’s to order a bouquet of his wife’s favorite flower: white anemones.
Unfortunately, the florist was sold out of flowers and had only a few stems of feathery ferns.
The man asked the florist to make a bouquet out of the ferns and the flask of liquor. He added a card and proceeded home.
After a romantic candlelight dinner, he presented his wife with the gift. She opened the card to read, “Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.”
With a tear in her eye, she whispered to him lovingly, “Yes, and with fronds like these, who needs anemones.”
Read more jokes
- The marriage rules
- Mother of Six
- Celebrity computer viruses (II)
- Don’t make the same mistakes I did
- A guy wakes up one morning with a hangover
- Where’s the toast
- My wife has lost her voice
- Reagan would always say something I never understood
- I’m pregnant
- This guy is having an affair